A barber shop business marketing plan
- 1.1 Our service offering
- 1.2 Our Vision Statement
- 1.3 Our mission statement
- 1.4 Our marketing goals
- 1.5 Our marketing budget
- 1.6 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 1.7 Force:
- 1.8 Weakness:
- 1.9 Chance
- 1.10 Threat:
- 1.11 Our target market
- 1.12 Sales forecast
- 1.13 Pricing strategy
- 1.14 Brand identity creation for our barber shop business
- 1.15 Strategic marketing alliance with our competitors in the barber shop sector
- 1.16 After-sales service or customer service
- 1.17 Actionable marketing ideas for our hairdresser
- 1.18 Video
Do you manage a hairdresser and want to promote it? If YES, here is a barber shop business marketing plan template, tips and ideas to attract customers.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a hairdresser. We also took it further by providing a sample business plan template. In this article, we will analyze and write an example barber shop marketing plan supported by Maven Business Plans for barber shop businesses. So, put on your marketing hat and move on.
The current business situation of our barber shop business
Maven Business Plans is a hairdresser that allows male and female people to satisfy their hair in one convenient visit. Without disputing, there are several quick repair salons like Maven Business Plans, and we are ready to make a difference. We will offer private services where our hairdressers and barbers can go to clients’ homes to solve their hair problems. We know that home service in a place like the USA will generate much profit, so we want to get into the trend.
We are pleased to mention that our barber shop business has started operating in the heart of Ohio. Our Business is duly registered, and all permits have been granted to us. We have put many solutions in place to ensure we reach our target market at all times.
It is no longer a novelty that women and men love to look beautiful. This is a fact that is why we are in Business – to make people beautiful. We have followed our barber shop business plan to the end seeing that we operate with best practices.
It’s important to say that our modern facility is the best. Our best gadgets and equipment make the hair trade very enviable. We have also hired the services of expert hairdressers who have a history of working with celebrities in and around the United States of America. The expert who helped us with our business plan is still in contact. This is in order not to lose focus.
Our service offering
At Maven Business Plans, looks matter to us, and we know you couldn’t get the kind of look they wanted, except they wore nice hair. This is why we have done our homework well and developed the services we will offer to the public. The services we will provide include:
- Fixing of Weaves
- Hair relaxation
- Barbing her hair
- Dying of hair
Our Vision Statement
Our goal in Business is to be your one-stop shop, where our customers’ hair and looks are at their best.
Our mission statement
Our mission is to build a very creative barber shop brand that everyone can turn to so that their looks can be improved.
Our marketing goals
We know that looking good is good Business; this is why we have positioned our Business in the part of Ohio where there is not that much competition. The industry is saturated, but the sky is big enough to keep two birds from colliding. Our marketing objective is complete, and we are ready to satisfy everything.
Here are some market goals we plan to meet in the coming months and years.
- Have a minimum of 100 customers in one day.
- Over 700 customers in a week and over 3,500 customers in a month.
- We have set a goal to consciously increase our customer base by 30% over the next 5 years and then by 25% each year.
- Increase all milestones reached by 70% in the next 5 years and then by 25% yearly.
- To make it a point of duty to generate a minimum income of US $ 600,000 within the first 12 months of operations.
We aim to achieve the following results from our marketing initiatives:
- Our goal is to achieve sustainable growth at the rate of 15% annual sales growth
- Make sure that every customer who visits our hairdresser leaves with optimal satisfaction.
- We intend to attract both men and women from all walks of life to a part of our customer base.
Our marketing budget
The barber shop industry doesn’t require as much capital as other businesses. Therefore, we may not spend as much as other companies; we have set aside US $ 20,000 in the kitten in our first years of Business and, subsequently, intend to devote between 10-20 percent of our annual income to marketing our asylum business.
We could set aside money for marketing with the start-up money we got. However, we have a lot of faith in our plans because we know they will bring about big changes.
At Maven Business Plans, we understand the need to be on top of our game, which is why we went ahead to identify our areas of strengths and weaknesses. To a large extent, being familiar with this means that we have the opportunity to improve the ante when our services are involved. Therefore, we thought it would be a great idea if we employed the best consultants to help us carry out this survey so that we know our strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
The Maven Business Plans hairdresser is located in the USA; our location is indeed one of our main strengths because we have invested heavily in seeing that we have the best hairdressers and a top-notch facility that can attract new clients (celebrities and non-celebrities) in an ongoing basis. We believe that with our strength we will be able to attract many people. In addition, the type of equipment that is procured is such that it makes our job quite simple.
It is no longer news that the competition rate in the barber shop industry is one of the highest in the world. This is why our weakness was seen for what it was. Our weakness is based only on the fact that many other entrepreneurs have delved into the hair business in the USA. This means we have to prepare for a broad competition. However, we will continue to do our best to see that we bridge the gap between our strengths and weaknesses.
Without threatening words, the USA is a business district that boasts an avalanche of customers. This is why we are in such an area, to begin with. So we know without reservation that we will attract everyone when we start the operation.
Already the number of salons that are nearby in which we intend to operate does not fully satisfy the needs of the people. So, consequently, we know that with us being there and with the type of services we want to offer and how we want to offer them, we will also break up pretty soon.
Some of the threats that Hair Do Salon will likely face could lose our customers to other competitors. If we win them over and cannot offer them the best of services, we will likely lose them again. This is one of the goals of even wanting to exceed people’s needs so that we can gladly continue to always be on top.
Our target market
Without a target market, one would sadly fail in Business. This is why we took the basics of time in our factory to map and identify our target market. Our target market is unlimited. This is because there is an avalanche of females and males that fit our ideal client. Interestingly, they can be found in all layers of life.
Here is a list of our target market; the people and organizations for which our Business is designed:
- Career women
- Career men
- Stay-at-home moms
- Stay dad at home
It is important to state that our sales forecasts are based on the data collected during our feasibility studies and some of the assumptions readily available in the field. We provide hair services to around 50 people daily and around 350 people weekly.
So about 1,500 people in one month and then about 20,000 people in the first year. In addition to men’s and women’s hair services, our additional manicure and pedicure services will help generate more revenue. Below is the sales projection for Maven Business Plans Salon; it is based on the location of our Business and the services and products we will offer;
- First year -: $ 50,000
- Second year -: $ 90,000
- Third year -: $ 130,000
This projection is made based on what is achievable in the industry and with the assumption that there will be no salon offering the same additional services within a 4.5-mile radius of our salon.
We know the importance of entering the market by lowering our prices to attract everyone, so we have consulted with experts. They have given us the best information on how to do it and get more customers soon.
Our pricing system will be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we do not intend to charge higher (except for premium and personalized services), and we do not intend to charge less than what our competitors offer in the USA.
However, we have plans to offer discounted services from time to time and reward our loyal customers, especially when they come to us. The prices of our products will be the same as those obtainable in other places. Our hair services will cost between $ 10.00 and $ 50.00 per service rendered. Keep in mind that this depends on the service rendered.
Our unique selling point; What makes our hairdresser unique in our competitions
We don’t want to go with the crowd and just offer the things they do; that’s why we’ve added a few extra things to the package. In this way, we will be more attractive to our customers.
- Our unique strength is that every client leaves with a smile on their face. There is one nanny attached to one child at a time.
- There is a giveaway for our customers at all times.
- Our moderate prices
- There is a side attraction for customers whenever they come to our hair salon.
Benefits that our clients can get when they patronize our hairdresser
Part of our goal, which incidentally is our mantra, is that we plan to leave every customer better than them. This means we will give them the best in hairstyles and hair makeovers. This, among many, is what they can earn.
Here are some of the front burner benefits our customers can get:
- Quality customer service
- High-quality service at all times
- Competitive prices and discounts for loyalty and word-of-mouth
- The state-of-the-art facility, with the best hair tools and equipment.
Brand identity creation for our barber shop business
The brand is one of the very essences of being in Business. This shows that we know our onions and will leave nothing intact in ensuring we deliver appropriate words to those we target. Here are the ways we intend to create a brand identity for our hair salon business:
- Designing a unique company logo in tune with the services offered.
- Post ads on both print platforms and electronic media
- Ensuring that our employees are kindred and can interpret the vision they carry.
- Place our flexible banners with our company logo and contacts in strategic locations in the neighborhood and beyond.
- Sponsor relevant fashion shows and entertainment shows.
- Maximize our company website to promote our Business
- Take advantage of the Internet.
- Capitalize on social media platforms such as; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Snap Chat, Google+, and other platforms to promote our barbershop business.
- Install our bulletin boards in strategic locations in the place where we operate.
- Periodically distribute flyers and leaflets in targeted areas.
Strategic marketing alliance with our competitors in the barber shop sector
We know that much more than having a beautiful hairstyle, there is always the need to have the best clothing. This is one of the reasons why we seek to partner with fashion house companies and hair brands in reporting those who would like to visit our salon. This means, for example, that we could partner with a fashion company that has a huge influx of people. This is so that they can be directed to us.
We don’t intend to let our customers disappear after a few visits. One of the ways we would like to block all loopholes is to hold them back. On the other hand, conservation is not possible without concerted efforts. Here are some strategies we have outlined:
- Make sure you do what you can to keep your customers happy.
- Offer free hair consultation services
- Make birthdays and special holidays memorable for our customers
- Use effective customer relationship management software to effectively manage our customer base.
- It ensures that our customers are attended to on time.
- Make our hairdresser a one-stop shop to buy all hair accessories.
- Offer multiple hair care services.
Possible ways in which we intend to offer incentives to our customers/clients (bonuses, discounts, etc.)
A giveaway is something that everyone likes. This is why we want to offer incentives to keep customers with us. Here are some incentive styles to absorb;
- First of all, offer free hair tricks.
- For anyone who recommends a client, make him an ambassador.
- Offer discounts on special holidays.
- Host community shows.
- We will make special holidays memorable for our customers.
After-sales service or customer service
- Monitor customers through phone calls.
- Send messages and emails about how to take care of your hair.
- We will have quality control experts to ensure that our employees provide the best customer service.
10 possible questions we intend to ask our customers during our market survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are addressing to advance in conducting marketing surveys on our customers/clients. They include the following;
- Are you satisfied with the services we offer?
- Do you think we missed something?
- What areas would you like us to improve in the future?
- Are you comfortable with our customer service?
- If you are dissatisfied with our customer service relationships, what areas would you like us to work on?
- Do you think our prices are too high?
- Would you like us to offer other home service offers?
- Are there any additional services you want us to get started?
- Would you freely advise a customer?
- If not, what are the reasons?
Actionable marketing ideas for our hairdresser
Cost-effective ways we intend to advertise/promote our barber shop business without using the internet
Here are the platforms we intend to leverage when it comes to advertising and promoting our hairdresser on the market;
- Place advertisements on national television stations, radio stations and newspapers/magazines
- Sponsor relevant beauty programs
- Sponsor fashion fads
- Install our billboards in strategic locations
- Distribute our flyers and flyers from time to time to targeted areas and offices
- Send introductory letters to organizations and families within our target market locations.
- It ensures that our employees always wear our branded shirts during working hours
- Send random SMS.
- Use good old word of mouth
- Organize roadshows
Convenient Ways We intend to advertise/promote our hair salon business.
The number of customers that can be acquired online cannot be overprinted. This is due to the huge following the internet has. For this reason, we, too, would like to connect to the goodies this technology offers.
Here are the ways we intend to leverage the internet to advertise/promote our daycare services:
- Take advantage of social media platforms like Instagram by uploading photos of the latest hairstyles we offer
- Start a Facebook page where our services are displayed.
- Hair and Hair Care Blog – Provide tips and advice.
- Make a website and make it very interesting and fun to use.
- Place ads on high-traffic websites
- Use the email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our hairdresser
- Send emails regularly to the target market.
- Offer freebies through social media platforms.
- Let us promote great brands of hair products.
- Develop a hair styling app that everyone can download for free.
Click here to read more articles.